Orlos (Orlistat) Weight Loss Capsules – 84 x 60mg
What are Orlos (Orlistat) Weight Loss Capsules?
Orlos is a medicine used to treat obesity. It works in your digestive system to block about one-third of the fat in the food you eat from being digested. Orlos attaches to the enzymes in your digestive system (lipases) and blocks them from breaking down some of the fat you have eaten during your meal. The undigested fat cannot be stored and is eliminated by your body. Orlos is indicated in the treatment of obesity in conjunction with a low calorie intake diet.
How to take Orlos (Orlistat) Weight Loss Capsules?
Choose your start date
Choose the day you will start taking the capsules ahead of time. Before you start taking the capsules, begin your reduced calorie, lower-fat diet and give your body a few days to adjust to your new eating habits. Keep a record of what you are eating in a food diary. Food diaries are effective, because they make you aware of what you are eating, how much you eat, and give you the basis to make changes.
Decide on your weight loss goal
Think about how much weight you want to lose and then set a target weight. A realistic goal is to lose between 5% to 10% of your starting weight. The amount of weight you lose may vary from week to week. You should aim to lose weight at a gradual, steady pace of about 0.5 kg (1 lb) per week.
Set your calorie and fat targets
To help you reach your weight-loss goal you need to set two daily targets, one for calories and one for fat.
Adults 18 and over:
- Take one capsule, three times a day.
- Take Orlos just before, during or up to one hour after meals. This usually means one capsule at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Make sure your three main meals are well balanced, reduced calorie, and lower-fat.
- If you miss a meal, or your meal contains no fat, do not take a capsule. Orlos does not work unless there is some fat in the meal.
- Swallow the capsule whole with water.
- Do not take more than 3 capsules a day.
How long should I take Orlos for?
- Orlos should not be taken for more than six months.
- If you do not lose weight after taking Orlos for 12 weeks, see your doctor or pharmacist for advice. You may need to stop taking Orlos.
- Successful weight loss is not just about eating differently for a short period of time before reverting to your old habits. People who lose weight and maintain the loss make lifestyle changes, which include changes to what they eat and how active they are.
What do Orlos (Orlistat) Weight Loss Capsules contain?
The active substance is orlistat. Each hard capsule contains 60 mg of orlistat.
The other ingredients are:
- Capsule filling: microcrystalline cellulose (E460), sodium starch glycolate, povidone (E1201), sodium laurilsulfate, talc.
- Capsule shell: gelatin, indigo carmine (E132), titanium dioxide (E171), sodium laurilsulfate, sorbitan monolaurate, black ink (shellac, iron oxide black (E172), propylene glycol).
- Capsule band: gelatin, polysorbate 80, indigo carmine (E132).
There are no reviews yet.