Lactulose Oral Solution 3.3g/5ml – 500ml
What is Lactulose Solution?
Lactulose is used to treat constipation. Lactulose is not metabolised or absorbed by the body, and the substance helps pull water into the colon, softening the stool. Lactulose also works by promoting peristalsis, pushing food through the digestive system.
This product is recommended for:
- Pregnant women.
- Nursing mothers.
- Children with constipation.
- People who recently underwent surgery.
- Older adults or people with severe or chronic constipation
How to take Lactulose Solution
Adults: Initially take 15-30ml daily for first 2-3 days (45ml may be given in obstinate cases) then 10-15ml daily or according to the need of the patient.
Children: Initially take 10-25ml daily for first 2-3 days then 5-15ml daily or according to the need of the patient.
Dosage does not appear to be related to the age or weight of the child and should be adjusted to produce the required response.
Lactulose isn’t absorbed into the bloodstream and is not known to be harmful if used during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, as with all medicines, you should get medical advice from your doctor before taking lactulose in pregnancy, or if you’re breastfeeding.
– This medication should NOT be taken for more than 5 days without medical supervision.
– This medication is for short term use only.
– This medication does NOT help with weight loss.
What does Lactulose Solution contain
Lactulose (67.0% w/v), lactose and galactose.
There are no reviews yet.