Acnecide Face Wash 5% Gel Benzoyl Peroxide – 100g
What is Acnecide Face Wash 5% Gel Benzoyl Peroxide
Acnecide Face Wash contains the active ingredient benzoyl peroxide which kills the bacteria (germs) known as Propionibacterium acnes, one of the main causes of acne.
Acnecide Face Wash is for the treatment of mild acne on the face, in adults and adolescents 12 years and over. Mild acne appears as predominately blackheads and whiteheads and there are few or no spots and pimples and no inflamed spots. Please take a look at the diagrams below showing the different types of acne:
Acnecide Face Wash is only absorbed into the body in very small amounts and has little effect, except on the surface of the skin.
How to use Acnecide Face Wash 5% Gel Benzoyl Peroxide
Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet. Check with your pharmacist or doctor if you are not sure. Benzoyl Peroxide may cause irritation. You should therefore start by using this product on alternate days to minimise this risk and then gradually increase the frequency up to twice a day use if tolerated. If you experience any severe skin irritation stop using the product. If this irritation does not improve after stopping, please consult your pharmacist or doctor.
Acnecide Face Wash is for EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
Adults and adolescents aged 12 years and over.
Unless your pharmacist or doctor has told you otherwise:
- Acnecide Face Wash should be used once or twice daily to cover the affected skin areas of the face: Avoid contact with sensitive areas such as the eyes, mouth, nose lining and neck.
- When you first start treatment, use Acnecide Face Wash once daily, before going to bed. You may feel mild burning and notice slight reddening and peeling of the skin during the first few days. If you have more severe redness, burning, irritation and peeling then you should stop treatment and let your skin go back to normal before restarting treatment.
- If Acnecide Face Wash does not affect your skin, or you have only mild burning and slight reddening and peeling after 2-3 days of use, you can use the wash twice a day, in the morning and evening. If this causes more severe skin symptoms (burning, irritation, redness, peeling) then you should go back to using Acnecide Face Wash only once a day. If your skin remains more severely irritated you should stop treatment and let your skin go back to normal before restarting treatment once a day.
- If you get severe skin irritation at any time whilst using Acnecide Face Wash you should stop the treatment. If your skin does not recover after stopping treatment you should seek a doctor’s advice.
- Using a moisturiser after application can help to reduce any irritation the treatment may cause.
- Wet the area to be treated
- Wash hands before use and place a small amount of Acnecide Face Wash on to the hands to wash the affected area.
- Contact time with the skin should be 1 to 2 minutes followed by thorough rinsing with water and drying.
- After use, wash hands thoroughly and replace cap tightly.
Avoid contact with the eyes, mouth, angles of the nose, neck or other very sensitive areas of the body. If the preparation enters the eye, wash thoroughly with water. In the event that Acnecide Face Wash is accidently swallowed, contact your doctor.
How long you will have to use Acnecide Face Wash will depend on how quickly your condition improves.
If your acne gets worse while using Acnecide Face Wash or if it does not improve within 12 weeks, it is important that you see your pharmacist or doctor for advice. Under treatment of some forms of acne may sometimes result in scarring. Your pharmacist or doctor will be able to recommend an alternative treatment for your acne.
If your spots heal but leave a scar for the first time, which is usually a shallow dent or deeper pit in the skin, you should see your pharmacist or doctor for advice.
You may require additional or alternative treatment for your acne.
Acnecide Face Wash should not be used in adolescents and children under 12 years of age.
If you use more Acnecide Face Wash than you should
If you use too much Acnecide Face Wash you will not get rid of your acne any quicker, but your skin may become irritated. If this occurs, treatment should be stopped and you should contact your pharmacist or doctor.
In the rare event that you accidentally swallow any of this product, seek medical advice.
If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your pharmacist or doctor.
What does Acnecide Face Wash 5% Gel Benzoyl Peroxide contain
The active substance is benzoyl peroxide 5% w/w as hydrous benzoyl peroxide in a cleansing gel. The other ingredients are acrylates copolymer, glycerol, carbomer 940, sodium C14-C16 olefin sulfonate, sodium hydroxide (for pH adjustment), and purified water.
There are no reviews yet.